6.15.2009

Viceroy Miami

Last week I posted on Club 50 at Viceroy Miami and this weekend I had the chance to visit. I only wish I had my camera with me but for now these brochure photos will have to do. If you are planning a trip to Miami or live nearby and are looking for a spa day or weekend away, Viceroy Miami is a must. From the moment you enter the lobby you are captivated by the exquisite interiors of one of my favorite Designer's, tastemaker Kelley Wearstler.

With 150 rooms, the hotel is intimate, luxurious and feels residential. Typical of Wearstler's Hollywood Glamour style, exotic marbles and wood finishes create the space from top to bottom, bejeweled with luxe chandeliers & sconces, lavish consoles, fine upholstery. She also combines aqua grasscloth wallcoverings and scenic artwork that quietly whispers beach resort.

Situated within the residences of Icon Brickell, Kelley Wearstler not only had the opportunity to partner with her husband of KOR Hotel Group but also the iconic (no pun intended) Philippe Starck. With amazing views of the Miami port and Brickell key, the pool deck includes 3 infinity pools with Starck's trademark, floating seating area, a large communal dining table, a handpainted tile rug, a grand fireplace and plenty of room to party.

The Spa designed solely by Philippe Starck has to be the most beautifully serene space I have ever seen. A palatial golden yellow chandelier hangs over a white marble, 5000 sf water lounge and a floating library overlooking Key Biscayne.

No comments: